Edit: to my silly mom/anyone else not in with the lingo - RN does not mean Registered Nurse, it means right now. Carry on!
Last Friday I posted about things that made me happy, and you know why these things made me happy? There’s a simple principle behind all this happy stuff: VIBRATION.
Basically, no matter if you are a scientist or a weirdo-spiritualist like moi, we can all agree that all matter (aka EVERYTHING + YOU) is made of energy, yeah?
And all of that energy is then vibrating at different frequencies.
And then there are two options (really there are many more but for a super duper simple version we’ll stick to two options):
Your energy can vibrate at a low frequency.
Aka you maybe wake up in a bad mood, then spill your coffee all over your car, get stuck in traffic, and then get slammed with a huge workload, get upset at your homies, etc., etc. you get it. You feel like you can’t catch a break and that a ton of things just go “wrong.”
Your energy can vibrate at a high frequency.
This is when things feel like they’re flowing. This is like when you have a day where you just feel like everything is going your way, or maybe that you’re just simply happy. Other people may feel attracted to you or notice your good vibes and flock your way. Basically, Joy feeds joy and its just a whole cloud of happiness flow.
Happiness/Joy = high vibration = attract more high vibes = FLOW
Sadness/Anger/Frustration = lower vibration = attract more lower vibes
And sometimes when low vibes get the best of us, it may feel like its time to just throw the towel and accept that we are just doomed to have a bunch of shitty things happen and might as well hold on bc its not going to get better.
BUT, let me tell you the secret; this doesn’t HAVE to happen.
What we really want to do is know how to become aware of the lower vibes and then use things to CHANGE the vibration before we go down a spiral of not-so-good things.
Here are a few go-tos raise yo vibration (and thus more good things in life):
1. Dance - In no way am I a GOOD dancer, no no (in fact, my mom pulled me out of dance bc I “couldn’t keep up” in tap class.. and that was the end of my dancing career). Moving the body freely is an amazing way to honor your body and show it the love it deserves. It literally shakes up your energy and allows any stuckness to be freed. Tbh, one of the things I miss most about living in the dorms is not having someone to complete my random dance parties literally 2 steps away from me at all times. But HEY all you need is your body and music (I mean music is optional but makes the experience much more pleasurable right?). And if you “don’t dance,”start with one song, or even just 30 seconds of car dancing and you too can have the good vibes of Bey.
2. Take a baking soda and sea salt bath. Sometimes when we encounter other people’s energies throughout the day, we carry negative vibes around that don’t belong to us. Maybe you’ve been working around a negative-nelly all day or are just feeling tired and worn-out in general. Whatever it is, BATHE IT. Baths in general feel so good and cleansing, but along with your bubbles and bath bombs, throw in
1 cup baking soda + 1 cup sea salt
for an aura-cleansing treatment. This magical combo cleanses your energetic feild of all that extra stuff you amy be carrying around, and draws out toxins from the body. Try to stay in 20 minutes (or an hour if you accidentally fall asleep like me) and when you pull the plug, imagine any negativity and toxins that no longer serve you being drawn out along with the water as it washes down the drain. Voila! YOU are a new person! (I am typing this as my bath is running upstairs I REALLY LOVE MY BATHS)
3. Put your bare feet in the grass. Yes… I am that crazy person in the park who stops mid-run to take off my shoes and put my back against a tree. Don’t worry, middle-aged man walking past me and staring strangely, I am a ok just grounding myself don’t worry. But honestly IT WORKS. Mother Earth is the most powerful grounding force around, so why not let her do her thing? Try standing with your bare feet in the ground. Or put your back against a tree. And breatheeee.
- HUG SOMEONE. As much as we want to think that we’re strong, independent women (or men) who don’t need nobody… we do. We are social beings and our bodies are meant to connect with other people. I’m not really sure what it is about hugs (but there have been a million and one studies if you really want the science read here) but they boost those positive feel-good vibes and calm the nervous system. So, I don’t care if its the lady you just bought makeup from (srsly my mom just did this yesterday) or your best friend, lover, or mom - HUG THEM.
And please, please, not the wimpy side-arm hug,
or the I-really-don’t-want-to-hug-you-so-I’m-going-to-stay- six-inches-away-from-you hug.
A REAL HUG:
5. List 5 things you’re grateful for. Ready set go.
Momma’s morning hug
And yes, I know these seem super duper simple and like they wouldn’t actually make a difference but, trust me, your vibes are sensitive little things and they don’t lie. Just getting in the vibration of other good things helps to soften negative things and allow for major shifts. AND when we feel good (which is really what its all about) we attract more good things, people ENJOY being around us, and we just feel like we’re in the flow of life so why not focus on staying in a high-vibration place?
Until next time <3
Bonus: 6. Get a Unicorn pool float bc…. I mean come on, just looking at this thing how can you NOT instantly be happy?