Alright, I'm coming clean. Lately my mornings have been looking a little something like this:
- Hit the snooze button until I actually have to get up.
- Roll over, scroll Instagram for about 30 minutes.
- Jump out of bed realizing I've wasted wayyy too much time, grab some coffee, and rush out the door to work.
Sound familiar? Thought so.
This was cool for the first few chill weeks of summer, but now that I'm interning, I've realized that I'm less focused, more irritable, and more susceptible to picking up other people's sh*t (aka emotional baggage, stress, drama, etc.) when I start my day without my usual morning routine. I've missed taking those few minutes to connect to my spiritual side and start my day on a high vibe note.
So, I have decided to revamp my morning routine, and now its my baby. Obviously I'm not perfect, so my mornings don't always look the same. But I can tell you that creating a morning routine (even if it's just 5 minutes) has been my #1 key to starting the day grounded, productive, and with a greater sense of purpose and positivity.
Morning Rituals: What's the point?
Let me break it down:
1. You (inevitably) pick up negative vibes throughout the day. Whether its internalizing someone else's anger or stress (especially if you're empathic or sensitive to energy) or road-raging (verb?) at the person who cut you off in traffic, these stressors take a blow to your reservoir of high vibes. By the end of the day, this can leave you feeling tired or depleted.
2. When you sleep, you return to our highest vibe state. Sleep (like meditation) pauses the momentum of any negative vibes that you picked up the day before. For just a few hours, we return to a space of stress-free bliss.
3. Morning rituals maximize this state of pure potential. You know those groggy moments in the morning before you remember who you are and all the things you have to do and who pissed you off the day before? That's you still in your high vibrational state of pure potential. By giving yourself a few minutes in the morning to tune in to yourself, you strengthen your shield against outside energies and raise your vibration for the rest of the day.
Your morning routine might make ya feel a lil something like this:
- freaking empowered and ready to take on the world.
- focused and extra productive.
- energized, alive, and more resilient to bounce back from stressors.
How do I know what to do?
Simple answer: do what feels good to YOU. This is all about taking a few minutes for yourself, so do whatever is calling your name.
Ideas for Your Bliss-Out Morning Routine:
There are a million and one ways to get your morning off to a beautiful start. Here's a few go-to's to spark your inspo:
1. Meditate for 5-10 minutes first thing when you wake up. Sit your booty in a chair. Now sit super still and bliss out for just 5 minutes. Deep breaths. Voila!
2. Pull goddess cards, affirmations, etc. Add a little guidance to your morning. Oracle/tarot cards or affirmations can be a way to connect with the messages that your higher self is trying to tell you.
3. Set an intention for the day. Peace, joy, commitment, self-love they're all good stuff. Devote your day to one purpose.
4. Connect with nature. Put your feet in the grass. Go for a short walk. Open a window and breathe fresh air. Connecting with the earth grounds and raises your vibration immediately. (SERIOUSLY THIS WORKS WORKS WORKS).
5. Gratitude journal. Oh baby. No better way to get positive than by noticing how amazing your life truly is (even if its the littlest things).
6. Go for a quick walk. Get yo blood pumping to jumpstart your energy for the day and connect with mother earth (see #4).
7. Turn on some music and groove out. I make a fool of myself every morning, but nothing better than an MJ dance party in the a.m.
8. Make yourself somethin' to drank. Whether that's coffee, tea, a matcha latte, or a nourishing green smoothie, give yourself something to honor your divine badass self.
Keep in mind: Lay off the phone. I know its hard, trust me, but resist the urge to roll over and check texts, email, or scroll Instagram for the first 30 minutes in the morning. Do it for the VIBBBESSS man.
Got it? Good. Now go kick some ass.
P.S. If you vibe, subscribe below! I'll send you posts straight to your inbox plus a few extra special things here and there :)