In today's fabulous world, we tend to have a nasty habit of acting, talking, and thinking in the negative. These negative-vibes have more power than we think. For example, you may start talking to someone who's ranting or complaining and suddenly feel all of your energy zapped. Your own thoughts may be casting off a down-in-the-dumps feeling, even if you know that no one can hear them! Think of some instances when you feel negative vibes.
- When my mom doesn't have her coffee, I feel negative vibes.
- When my friends are fighting, I feel negative vibes.
- When someone isn't overly-friendly, I feel negative vibes.
Now, think of these vibes like a light switch:
- On = positive vibes turned on
- Off = negative switched on instead
If you are stuck in a rut with your light switch turned off, IT'S OK. Stick with me to learn a simple trick to turn that baby on!
Read these out loud (no really just do it):
- I'm NOT good enough.
- DON'T be late.
- Do NOT talk to her.
- Do NOT get a bad grade.
- I DON'T care.
Now I'm guessing that didn't make you feel all warm-and-fuzzy on the inside, am I right? Personally, I even found myself reading them with a smart-ass attitude! The words DON'T, NOT, and NO generally put off low vibes almost immediately.
So, what's the secret trick to turn 'off' a negative vibe and turn 'on' a positive vibe?
When you catch yourself thinking, acting, or speaking in the negative, instead ask:
"What DO I want?"
- I'm NOT good enough -- I have so many awesome things about me.
- DON'T be late -- Arrive on time.
- Do NOT talk to her -- Let's talk about something else.
- Do NOT get a bad grade -- Study with your best effort.
- I DON'T care about that -- I have so many things to be grateful for.
Yep that's it! Switching on our high-vibes seems so easy, but even some of the most successful and powerful people don't get this, much less use it. It's so easy to fall back into the trap of negativity and complaining because it's comfortable and easy. It takes practice, no doubt, but when we start to become aware of the negative vibes we put out (even if they're just in our heads) and consciously choose to change them, we also change our energy. In turn, we start to feel more excited, happy, and uplifted, and automatically attract more instances that match our high-vibe feelings! And this, my friends, is the Law of Attraction. We actually have the power to manifest what we DO want and attract miracles.
If that whole manifesting part is a little to whoo-whoo crazy-town, leave it. Just focus on your vibes!
And remember: What DO you want?
Love and light,